By Paul Deitel
The pro programmer’s Deitel® advisor to telephone and pill app improvement utilizing Android™ 6 and Android Studio Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play™! This booklet provides every thing you must begin constructing nice apps quick and getting them released on Google Play™. The publication makes use of an app-driven approach–each new know-how is mentioned within the context of 8 totally coded and established Android apps, whole with syntax shading, code highlighting, code walkthroughs and pattern outputs. Apps you’ll enhance contain:
- Welcome App
- Cannon online game
- Tip Calculator
- climate Viewer
- Flag Quiz
- Twitter® Searches
- tackle Book
Practical, Example-Rich insurance of:
- Android 6, Android Studio: Gradle™, Vector Asset Studio, subject Editor
- Material layout App Templates and Themes
- AppCompat Library, Android layout aid Library, RecyclerView, FloatingActionButton, TextInputLayout
- Material layout Elevation and Icons
- REST net Services/JSON, Threading, SQLite™ Database, Android 6 Permissions
- Cursors, Loaders, ContentProviders
- Supporting a number of display Sizes/Resolutions
- Accessibility, Internationalization
- Activities, Fragments, Intents, Preferences
- GUIs, Layouts, Menus, source documents, occasions, Touch/Gesture Processing, pictures, Audio, pics, Animation
- Immersive Mode, PrintHelper
- Google Play™ shop, App Publishing, Pricing, advertising, In-App advertisements, In-App Billing, digital items and more
- Download code examples
- For details on Deitel’s Dive Into® sequence programming education classes, stopover at www.deitel.com/training or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the Deitels on Facebook® at facebook.com/DeitelFan, Twitter® at @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan, LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at youtube.com/DeitelTV
- Subscribe to the Deitel ® Buzz e-mail e-newsletter at www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html
About This e-book
The first-generation Android telephones have been published in October 2008. As of June 2015, Android had 82.8% of the worldwide cellphone marketplace proportion, in comparison to 13.9% for Apple and 2.6% for Microsoft (http:// www.idc.com/prodserv/smartphone-os-market-share.jsp). Billions of apps were downloaded from Google Play and a couple of billion Android units have been shipped around the globe in 2014 (http://www.cnet.com/news/android-shipments-exceed- 1-billion-for-first-time-in-2014/). The possibilities for Android app builders are enormous.
This ebook provides modern computing applied sciences for pro software program builders. on the middle of the e-book is the Deitel app-driven approach–concepts are awarded within the context of whole operating Android apps, instead of utilizing code snippets. The advent and app try drives at the start of every bankruptcy convey a number of pattern executions. The book’s resource code is on the market at http://www.deitel.com/books/AndroidFP3.
The apps during this ebook have been conscientiously designed to introduce you to key Android positive factors and APIs. You’ll quick study every thing you must begin development Android apps–beginning with a test-drive of the end Calculator app in bankruptcy 1, then development one new app in every one of Chapters 2 via nine. by the point you achieve bankruptcy 10, you’ll have the ability to create your personal apps for submission to Google Play and different app marketplaces. You’ll grasp the Google Play submission approach, together with importing your apps. You’ll come to a decision no matter if to promote your apps or provide them at no cost, and find out how to industry them through social media and monetize them with in-app advertisements, in-app billing, digital items and more.
Read or Download Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach PDF
Best tablets & e-readers books
This ebook is a hands-on consultant to development cellular purposes utilizing model 1. zero of the Android software program improvement package. bankruptcy via bankruptcy, it takes you thru a sequence of pattern initiatives, each one introducing new gains and strategies to get the main out of Android. It covers the entire simple performance in addition to exploring the complicated positive aspects via concise and worthy examples.
Cisco networking pros are less than relentless strain to complete extra, quicker, and with fewer assets. the way to meet this problem is to automate mundane or repetitive projects anywhere attainable. during this publication, 3 Cisco specialists help you use Tcl scripting for Cisco IOS units to just do that.
If you are an iOS app developer, you may be utilizing desk perspectives on your improvement initiatives. desk perspectives are the bread and butter of iOS apps. With them, you could create every thing from the best of lists to totally tricked-out consumer interfaces. desk perspectives are essentially the most complicated elements present in UIKit.
The Busy Coder's consultant to complex Android improvement selections up the place its predecessor left off, overlaying but extra themes of curiosity to the pro Android software developer. if you want to take advantage of sensors, create domestic monitor widgets, play again media, take images with the digicam, or enforce refined prone, this booklet can be a important advisor.
- Wireless Java Programming with J2ME
- Building OpenSocial Apps: A Field Guide to Working with the MySpace Platform
- Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination: 16th International Conference, SPICE 2016, Dublin, Ireland, June 9-10, 2016, Proceedings (Communications in Computer and Information Science)
- Web Performance in Action: Building Faster Web Pages
- Android Application Development A Tutorial (A Tutorial series)
- Kicking Butt with MIDP and MSA: Creating Great Mobile Applications
Extra resources for Android 6 for Programmers: An App-Driven Approach
Click Update and Restart to install the latest Android Studio version. If you’ve previously opened a project in Android Studio and did not close the project, the IDE skips the Welcome to Android Studio window and opens the last project. In this case, you can access the Updates dialog on a Mac via Android Studio > Check for Updates… or on Windows/Linux via Help > Check for Update…. Then continue from Step 4 above. html Configure Android Studio to Show Line Numbers By default, Android Studio does not show line numbers next to the code that you write.
Some of the packages are Android specific, some are Java specific and some are Google specific. These packages allow you to conveniently access Android OS features and incorporate them into your apps. 12 lists many of the packages we discuss in this book. 6 Packages 15 Several of the packages we use are from the Android Support libraries, which enable you to use newer Android features in apps that run on current and older platforms. animation Classes for property animation. ) Includes high-level classes in the Android app model.
Working with an app’s user preferences. ) Access to Android content providers. ) Android Design Support Library classes that enable recent GUI enhancements to run on current and older Android platforms. ) Part of the v4 Android Support Library for use in platform API levels 4 and higher. 4 printing framework. ) Part of the v7 Android Support Library for use in platform API levels 7 and higher. Includes application-compatibility library components, such as app bars (formerly action bars). graphics.