By Shane Conder, Lauren Darcey
Android instant program improvement has earned a name because the most respected real-world advisor to construction strong, commercial-grade Android apps. Now, authors Lauren Darcey and Shane Conder have systematically revised and up-to-date this advisor for the newest Android SDK and instruments updates. to house their wide new assurance, they’ve break up the ebook into leaner, purifier volumes. This quantity II makes a speciality of complex innovations for the full app improvement cycle, together with layout, coding, checking out, debugging, and distribution. Darcey and Conder conceal sizzling issues starting from capsule improvement to conserving opposed to piracy and show complicated options for every little thing from info integration and UI improvement to in-app billing.
Every bankruptcy has been completely up to date to mirror the most recent SDKs, instruments, and units. The pattern code has been thoroughly overhauled and is obtainable for obtain on a better half site. Drawing on a long time of in-the-trenches event as specialist cellular builders, the authors additionally supply much more information and most sensible practices for hugely effective improvement. This new version covers
* complicated app layout with async processing, providers, SQLite databases, content material services, intents, and notifications
* subtle UI improvement, together with enter amassing through gestures and voice recognition
* constructing obtainable and internationalized cellular apps
* Maximizing built-in seek, cloud-based providers, and different particular Android features
* Leveraging Android 4.0 APIs for networking, net, position prone, the digicam, telephony, and sensors
* development richer apps with 2D/3D pics (OpenGL ES and RenderScript), animation, and the Android NDK
* monitoring app utilization styles with Google Analytics
* Streamlining checking out with the Android Debug Bridge
This booklet is an integral source for each intermediate- to advanced-level Java developer now engaging in Android improvement and for each pro cellular developer who desires to take complete benefit of the latest Android platform and hardware.
Also search for: Android instant program improvement, quantity I: Android necessities (ISBN: 9780321813831)
Read Online or Download Android Wireless Application Development, Volume 2: Advanced Topics (3rd Edition) (Developer's Library) PDF
Best development books
First released in 1999 as quantity sixteen within the NASA "Monograph in Aerospace historical past" sequence. This research comprises images and illustrations.
This booklet explains key classes discovered from varied catastrophe occasions and analyzes them in the framework of governance, schooling, and know-how, supplying a framework for catastrophe restoration as a improvement chance. In post-disaster events, types of assets are placed into the affected quarter, various in keeping with technical, monetary, highbrow, and neighborhood assets.
- Expanding the Measure of Wealth: Indicators of Environmentally Sustainable Development
- Basic Sensors in iOS: Programming the Accelerometer, Gyroscope, and More
- Specificity, Function, and Development of NK Cells: NK Cells: The Effector Arm of Innate Immunity
- La Psicologia del Niño
- The Paradox of Catching Up: Rethinking State-Led Economic Development
- Development of China's Financial Supervision and Regulation
Additional resources for Android Wireless Application Development, Volume 2: Advanced Topics (3rd Edition) (Developer's Library)
UnbindService() method. Warning Like applications, services can be killed by the Android operating system under low-memory conditions. Also like applications, services have a main thread that can be blocked, causing the system to become unresponsive. Always offload intensive processing to worker threads using whatever methodology you like, even when implementing a service. The GPXService class, discussed later in this section, overrides the onCreate(), onStart(), onStartCommand(), and onDestroy() methods to begin with.
The update() method takes four arguments: n The table to update records n A n An optional WHERE clause, in which ? s from the second parameter Passing null to the WHERE clause modifies all records within the table, which can be useful for making sweeping changes to your database. Most of the time, we want to modify individual records by their unique identifier. We find the record in the table called tbl_books that corresponds with the id and update that book’s title. We include only the title field because it is the only field we change.
6. ” There are also numerous examples in the Android SDK samples. Understanding StrictMode Strict mode is a method developers can use to detect operations that should not be performed on the main thread. Beginning in API Level 9, developers can enable strict mode in their own applications to detect when they were, for instance, performing network or Summary disk operations on the main thread. This is not recommended for production applications. 0 and later devices, a Developer options setting screen is available to turn on and off the screen flashing with strict mode; however, it doesn’t detect quite as many mistakes.